Robert's "Blue Lightning" Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Of course it rains the day I want to do my oil change and tune-up...

My truck so far has 2/4 drop with spindles and shackles.
SI-DO Flowmaster Exhaust.
K&N Filter.
MSD Wires, NGK Plugs
454 SS Wheels
Blue Metallic Paint W/ White Racing Stripes
Underbody painted all black

I really want suggestions as to what else I should do. I'm a college man, I can't afford anything crazy but I would enjoy some mild performance mods over time.

All suggestions are welcomed! (None offensive of course)

Last edited:

Kurt3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good Robert!! One suggestion I could think of is getting a chrome smoothie front bumper, the reason I say this is because you don't have any moldings on the side of the body, so your front end would match that. Again very nice truck!!

Gatorboy

Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah If I can find a smoothy I'll definitely do that. The rear will eventually have a roll pan if I can get the paint matched pretty close. Where did you find your bumper at?

Kurt3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought mine from the dealership,it is a paintable one, it was $200 though.. Couldn't find any clean ones here, they were all rusty in the junkyards.

Gatorboy

Reaction score
I may have some luck down here. Very little rust down here, except when they ship them this way from up there lol. What tire size is on your truck? I like that look

Kurt3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I may have some luck down here. Very little rust down here, except when they ship them this way from up there lol. What tire size is on your truck? I like that look

Ya I figure you would have better luck then me lol I have 275/60/15's all the way around.