Rim Picture Request

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will be replacing the rims and tires on my winter hunting truck pretty quick. I am thinking of two different options.

1. Stock steelies powdercoated black with chrome center and trim ring.

2. Cragar D windows.

3. Or anything else you can think of that is gonna be cheap and low maintenance.

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't have any of the chrome center caps but I have stock steelies... Not powder coated but painted with engine enamel... the chrome trim I don't have on cause I live in an area where people have sticky fingers..lol
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've also wondered what it would look like to paint the stock wheels black and leave the chrome center caps and trim rings.

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've also wondered what it would look like to paint the stock wheels black and leave the chrome center caps and trim rings.

I've seen it a few times and it looks good. Unfortunately my stash of truck pics isn't organized by rim so it's gonna take awhile.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
this was my 96 black steelies with chrome factory center I never used the trim rings because I don't like them lol

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my static android

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those of you that painted your wheels, how did you do it? What did you use? How is it holding up?

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those of you that painted your wheels, how did you do it? What did you use? How is it holding up?

I washed my rims real well with dawn and a green scotch brite. then i washed it with some degreaser and some steel wool then dried them. i sprayed them with a light coat of engine enamel in full sun, then waited 30 minutes... hit it with another coat, and another 30 minutes.... one last coat and let them dry in partial sun for almost a week before mounting tires. they're holding on pretty good considering i didn't sand them, only a couple of chips on the lip but that could've been at the tire shop or when loading them on the truck to go to the store. they wash easily i just spray them at the car wash with the "rinse" setting and they look pretty clean. i didn't spend too much time on prepping them much cause i was planning on powder coating them way later, its just a temp and cheaper solution(it was only 2 cans for all 4 rims)... sorry bout the story lol
edit: i used rustoleum engine enamel from autozone

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD