Richard Rawlings Gas Monkey Garage dad's truck for sale 97 chevy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
I googled a bit and found out a whole scandal with them regarding a giveaway car. Also was unfortunate enough to find Richard Rawlings and Aaron Kauffman (sp?) in a thong. Didn;t find anything connecting them directly to the **** industry though?

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/a-684713-singlepost262.html

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/a-684901-singlepost291.html

Here is the video i was talking about earlier, Aaron pre-bearded, sorta funny, before trying to fit into the "Hotrodder" thing again.

http://spankmymarketer.com/video.html

The video also show cases Public Urination, Drinking and Driving among other illegal activities. Trying to say all "Hotrodders" are law breaking retards.

Im a pretty young dude, but i grew up in a car club, some of my best friends are 50+ years old, true "Hotrodders", I find this crap just to be appalling and very disrespectful for the TRUE hotrodder's in this world.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Anyone actually read the description, half of it is lies

"Fast forward to 1997 and the C1500 has evolved into a living room on 20” rims with plush leather seating, AM/FM Cassette & 6 Disc in dash surround sound & 6 cup holders (for 5 passengers!)"

-20" wheels never came factory on any GMT400 (Ironically they post a picture of door jamb sticker that states truck came factory with 235/75R15's)

-6 Disc?, Where, i see the factory slave CD, that's it

-Surround Sound?, i guess 2 6.5"s in the door and super crappy 6x4's in the rear are now surround sound?

-6 Cupholders, No, This truck has the same interior as mine, Seeing how the front console compartment has the door closed, we can not tell if it has a CD holder or Cupholder insert, seeing how there is a CD Holder insert in the console itself, im going out on a limb and saying he does have a cup holder insert.

So that would be 5, 2 in dash with the slideout bit, 1 in the cupholder insert, 2 on the rear of the console.

-Those shiny rocker covers everyone is raving about, we all know are covering the worn off paint/surface rust.

This next part bugs the living out of me, not only are they selling you a truck, but if you buy it, you get to meet them?!, who gives a flying ****.

"The winning Bidder will have the option of coming to the shop to pick it up and hang out or we can assist with shipping anywhere in the World!... And as always, all of our Hats, T Shirts, Stickers, and Hoodies etc… are available on our website."

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Very interesting. Thanks for the links to the first two sites as I wasn't able to find those on my own. I didn't bother reading the description cause I figured it was a generic description of the history of the C/K1500 truck series. Interesting that you point that out though, you are right those are blatantly not true.