Rescued from a farm.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White Trash

Reaction score
Been really busy as of late, very little time to work on my truck. Was able to make some headway in the interior though. Installed the 7 in 2 din adapter so I can have a touch screen with Android Auto/Apple Car Play as well as a back up camera. Also, disassembled the dash, cleaned thoroughly with acetone and primed and painted it in a light grey. Carpet and sound deadening mat installed, along with the new grant wheel.
You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Been really busy as of late, very little time to work on my truck. Was able to make some headway in the interior though. Installed the 7 in 2 din adapter so I can have a touch screen with Android Auto/Apple Car Play as well as a back up camera. Also, disassembled the dash, cleaned thoroughly with acetone and primed and painted it in a light grey. Carpet and sound deadening mat installed, along with the new grant wheel.
That wheel looks great on there! You said it is a Grant; it looks like a dead ringer for the 70s Mopar sport wheel, they called it the"Tuff" wheel. I had one on my old Volare, found it in a wrecking yard many years ago.

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
So over the weekend, I replaced the front and rear brakes and all associated bearings and seals. I did not take pictures of the progress but I did take pictures of the new parking brake cables I replaced due to the old equalizer rusted loose and causing parking brake to not work. Now not only does my parking brake cable not sag underneath the cab, but it also works like a champ!
Ok guys, a little off topic but one of his photos shows a plastic plug in the frame rail with SAL on it. What were these used for. I still have mine but they are pink and i'm reluctant to put them back.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score

That dash looks great!

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Ok guys, a little off topic but one of his photos shows a plastic plug in the frame rail with SAL on it. What were these used for. I still have mine but they are pink and i'm reluctant to put them back.

I did not go look at the picture, but I'm assuming you're looking at the frame tag. Mine is yellow and says "SRL". They've been discussed before. I took mine off to clean, and unfortunately broke the tabs that hold it on.

I think the letters are the "broadcast code", which are 2 or 3 character identifiers used to keep track of different parts within a type of part. It's easier to reference than a long part number....at least that's how I've seen them used.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Yep, it is a broadcast code for when the vehicle is assembled. The line gets a build sheet with every part that is going on a particular vehicle, and they all have 2-4 digit codes associated with them.

White Trash

Reaction score
That wheel looks great on there! You said it is a Grant; it looks like a dead ringer for the 70s Mopar sport wheel, they called it the"Tuff" wheel. I had one on my old Volare, found it in a wrecking yard many years ago.
I am a huge fan of the show Supernatural...so the steering wheel is the closest I could find that was similar to "Baby" seeing as how this truck has become my baby.

White Trash

Reaction score
So I've been quiet for a while, hadn't really done any work on my truck until recently. I replaced the tie rods and tie rod ends about 6 months ago. Did not fix the slight shimy at highway speeds, so about 3 weeks ago. I replaced the entire front suspension! To include knocking out the alignment plates in the upper control arm mounts. And then over this past weekend I finally fixed the sagging door issue on the driver side. Which involved removing the lower hinge completely and creating a bolt on version of it so that the door alignment is now adjustable.

This reinvigorated my love for this truck so now I have a self imposed "honey-do" list for this truck. Will keep you guys updated and willing to answer any and all questions on the progress.