Rerouting Exhaust on 6" Suspension Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
I've had my lift on for a couple of months, but didn't bother having the exhaust rerouted until I got everything situated. Today I got quoted $180 to reroute that section of my exhaust. That seems absurdly high to me for what it is. Granted, different shops in different areas are going to charge more or less, but most folks I've talked to only pay half that. He told me he would have to cut it off very close to the header, and run the pipe along the exterior of the tranny and then back over to to the cat. Seems like a lot more than is necessary, but I'm no expert. Do any of you guys with a 6" RCX/Superlift etc have any thoughts? How much did you pay? How did the shop run it? Thanks guys.

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Depending on the shop labor rate that might be 2 hours worth of work, so it might be about right. If he does a good job and it looks good I personally wouldn't feel all too bad about 180. But If it looks like crap I'd be pissed.

I'd like to hear info/see pics on this as well since I also finished up my 6" rcx lift and have been running around w/o the front driveshaft.

Sent from my throttle body injected galaxy note3

21Actual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I paid $250 CAD to have mine done. Mandrel bent, Stainless, welded in new O2 bung, and replaced manifold collector studs + gasket. Bit more than I wanted to pay but its quality work, and quality materials. I would've been cheaper If I had it ran it under the kicker brace, but that wasnt an option for me. Wouldve looked bad, and loose a bit of ground clearance. So I paid the extra and had him bend up a new pipe to hug the transmission.

You must be registered for see images attach

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
I'm gonna call around tomorrow and see if it can be done for cheaper, I'll report back with the results.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
If you wanted to make a trip, i could make up a piece of pipe like is in the pic to hug the trans for about $25. Granted, it won't be stainless. Do you know anyone that can weld?

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
If you wanted to make a trip, i could make up a piece of pipe like is in the pic to hug the trans for about $25. Granted, it won't be stainless. Do you know anyone that can weld?
That would probably cost the same in gas lol. Although for 25 bucks I am considering it

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Do you know anyone that can weld/do minor fabrication?? Exhaust is pretty simple stuff to do yourself, and probably will turn out better than if a shop does it.