replacing the bulbs in the dash switches????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone found a replacement bulb/socket for the dash switches and window switches? I know the window/lock switches use bulbs that are in a weird looking socket. Id like to replace my burnt out ones as well as replace the bulbs in the dash switches for the rear hatch, wiper and fog lights. At this time, I dont really want to do the LED swap because from the pics Ive seen of other members' swaps, the lighting is just way too bright and tacky looking. id like to just replace the bulbs with the proper replacements. I just cant find the bulbs/sockets.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used these on my radio, rear hatch and rear wiper switch bulbs on my Tahoe. Also for the cargo lamp switch on my truck. They’re soldered in, the originals have a blue sleeve on them that can be swapped over.

They look stock, I like them.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks. DO you know why there is a blue condom covering the bulbs? Is is needed? Did you do the window switch bulbs at all? I cant seem to find the bulb/socket replacement for those.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m not sure what color it would be without the blue sleeve, but it swapped over without any issue.

I want to say that the window switch bulb is different and sits in a socket. I haven’t looked at it, though, so am not really sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can buy direct replacements from Superbright for the doors, hvac and headlight switch for 96-98 trucks. The radio, 4x4 switch, cargo lamp, ect..require soldering though.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can buy direct replacements from Superbright for the doors, hvac and headlight switch for 96-98 trucks. The radio, 4x4 switch, cargo lamp, ect..require soldering though.

I bought the door switch bulbs from them. Ill give it a shot and see what happens. I would have done all the bulbs but I couldnt find the 194 bulb sockets on their website.

Darin1047

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is the same bulb number for the factory style steering wheel controls as the extra switches? I know they are solder in but not to sure which ones to order.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought a bunch of 7219 bulbs from Amazon to do the dash switches. The ones in the steering wheel may be the same

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought the door switch bulbs from them. Ill give it a shot and see what happens. I would have done all the bulbs but I couldnt find the 194 bulb sockets on their website.

Here is what I bought

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know the purpose and importance of the little blue condoms GM put over the small bulbs inside the switches on the dash? Do I need to reuse them? Do they just change the color tint or do they reduce heat around the plastic?