replace leafs with coils?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
We've ran a similar ladder bar style setup in circle track dirt cars before, as long as you leave adjustment in your bars and know what your doing with coilovers that setup is pretty versatile.

lowandloud91

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmm I see.

my truck is just guna be more of a weekend cruiser, maybe track here and there. I haven't really decided how far I wana go with it yet as far as suspension set-up, but we'll see what happens

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A member at FSC.com, wkdspd, was building a killer '93. He put it up for sale a while back. I don't know if he ever sold it or not. He was building it with a full-on corner-carving suspension. He had custom made coils up front and in the rear he modified a Ride Tech AirBar to run coilovers. I'm still mad at him for giving up on the project.

You must be registered for see images attach

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's not that hard to do when you start with a bare chassis and build up...

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess it depends on if your building it to show or not.
Me and a buddy built a 4 link on my old S10.
It's not the prettiest, but we were just doing it to be a quick and easy install.
$200.00 and 6 hours later I drove it home, and it drove way better than it did with the mono leafs and blocks.

Sorry for the crapy pics.

lowandloud91

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
damn thats awesome...So bad gmc, the guy just got the bolt on frame kit that is made ready to go for air bag set-up and just used coil springs where the bags go right?