replace leafs with coils?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowandloud91

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry if this has been discussed, i didnt see it.

has anyone ever swapped the leafs for coils in the rears of the OBS's??

just kind of curios about it:hmm:

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the leafs are not only holding the truck up, but they also locate the axle in all directions.

to remove the leafs, you'll need to fab a 4 link setup and coil spring mount perches, the easiest way would be to fab up good mounts and run coil over shocks vertically.

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
i really like the coil setups on the late 60s? chevy trucks. late 60s early 70s i think.

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
yea. we had one at school that had like a huge f'in 2 link with coils and it was all stock. thats the only one ive ever seen in person

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
yea. we had one at school that had like a huge f'in 2 link with coils and it was all stock. thats the only one ive ever seen in person

Not the best design IMHO, but they worked. my dads old '72 GMC was coil sprung and had a BBC (402) in a 1/2ton 2WD. You can see the arms hanging down in the picture.

You must be registered for see images attach

i was looking into the 4-link setup, that i posted above cause it was a Canadian company, and is a similar setup to the 4-link in my Lemans