Removing fender snorkel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, I went to remove the fender snorkel today on my '90 K1500. I had no luck, that sucker is in there good! I removed the plastic push button that is visible through the opening then yanked through the opening where the intake tube connects but couldn't remove it. What am I missing? Is there another clip or does this need to be pulled out through the front of the fender?

Thanks!

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
May need to remove your inner fender, if I have some time tonight I'll go look at my extra fender and let you know later.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well after some searching I found how to remove it. One 7mm bolt next to the battery and it should come out

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, you found it. Remove that screw but then still you pretty much need to grip the edge of the snorkel with freaking vise grips in order to snatch it out of there.

Richard

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally had some decent weather today. Got the snorkel right out after removing the small bolt, removed the flap in the air cleaner assembly too.