Red plasti dip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I have hit mine quite a few times and I drive it through tall grass weeds small trees etc and I've only had one rip from my power washer

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
there is one problem with plasti dip... if some one or something rubs against too hard or too fast it can rib a small piece of and cause you to have to complety re do that part or panel inf you dip your car/truck I thought about dipping my truck but thats about $350 and I could possibly get one from a friend for about 1000 why not save and get it professional. other wise I Love Plasti dip i did my grill emblem but noow i might do the whole grill just to see how it looks and then make my emblem whit or leave it black

Yes an no, I would agree with that to a certain extent. From my experience with plasti dip (rockers, both bumpers, grill, corners, and tailgate badge on my truck, and the rims on my mom's Volvo XC60), it really only comes off if you spray directly on it with a pressure washer from a foot or so away. It is very durable. The driver side of my truck had a blind date with an OBS Tahoe one night and the bumper shifted both to the passenger side and slightly upwards as well as getting a softball size dent and the plastidip did not distort at all. Only reason my bumper and grill are starting to peel up a little now is because of some dust that has gotten behind the dip and the actual surface. I lived in New Mexico the whole summer and the combination of the dust and the beating sunshine is what got the grill and bumper. Just a few weeks ago my ex girlfriend literally backed into the back of my truck and hit the rear bumper. Only reason you can tell that she hit me is that the dust (didn't wash it right away after getting back from New Mexico, haha) is missing from the rear bumper. Plastidip is still solid.

That being said, I would suggest waiting a week or so before really putting the plastidip to the test. I have never put any sort of sealer on the parts I have sprayed, but waiting a week or so has always given it plenty of time to dry and adhere to the surface.

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes an no, I would agree with that to a certain extent. From my experience with plasti dip (rockers, both bumpers, grill, corners, and tailgate badge on my truck, and the rims on my mom's Volvo XC60), it really only comes off if you spray directly on it with a pressure washer from a foot or so away. It is very durable. The driver side of my truck had a blind date with an OBS Tahoe one night and the bumper shifted both to the passenger side and slightly upwards as well as getting a softball size dent and the plastidip did not distort at all. Only reason my bumper and grill are starting to peel up a little now is because of some dust that has gotten behind the dip and the actual surface. I lived in New Mexico the whole summer and the combination of the dust and the beating sunshine is what got the grill and bumper. Just a few weeks ago my ex girlfriend literally backed into the back of my truck and hit the rear bumper. Only reason you can tell that she hit me is that the dust (didn't wash it right away after getting back from New Mexico, haha) is missing from the rear bumper. Plastidip is still solid.

That being said, I would suggest waiting a week or so before really putting the plastidip to the test. I have never put any sort of sealer on the parts I have sprayed, but waiting a week or so has always given it plenty of time to dry and adhere to the surface.
Good info to know. I'm looking at doing my tow mirrors in red and my rockers in black

sent from your moms house

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good info to know. I'm looking at doing my tow mirrors in red and my rockers in black

sent from your moms house

Might seem obvious, but don't go light on the black for the rockers. If I remember correctly, I used somewhere between three and four cans for my rockers, bumpers, and grill.