Rear seating question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nuke

I go by the name Matt
Reaction score
Is it possible to take out the rear bench and put in a bucket/captain seat? It would be mounted sideways, preferably on the driver side with the person's legs on the pass side. More importantly, would it be legal?

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have always wondered this as well.

But lately, I've just been thinking about taking out those rear seats all together.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
Wow, I was just thinking this the other day too...

Anyone?

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
Why would it be illegal? S10s have the rear seat sideways. As long as you have some form of seat belt it should be ok. You might have to make a custom bracket for the seats since the floor is not level.

Nuke

I go by the name Matt
Reaction score
Cool.

What type of seatbelt would be ideal? A shoulder/waist, just a waist, a 4 point or a 5 point?

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i took out my back bnch seat, but i have pondered this idea. i have a 15'' sub behind the driver side seat but i have room for a bucket seat on passenger side in back. was thinking of fabbing something up for a bucket. reason i thought about it was b/c i had to drive 2 friends and 1 had to sit on the floor in back lol

LPG PWRD

Always Learning
Reaction score
Dont wanna take credit for this, so heres the quote from an old thread

Thought about 4 buckets for along time saw this at carlisle last year

You must be registered for see images attach

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wow thats looks awesome, i wouldnt mind getting me just the single bucket. i wish i can see how he did the back buckets