Rear Bumper Adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my RCLB, the rear bumper seems to be kinda low. No big deal, except that the lame system for lowering the spare tire depends on the shaft going through that hole in the bumper by the licence tag, and hooking up with the tube under the bed.

So, I decided to loosen the bumper bolts, and jack it up. Using plenty of PB Blaster (some put on a few days ago) I was able to loosen the bolts that hold the bracket to the frame, and a whole bunch of other bumper fasteners too, for good measure. I used an 18mm 6 point socket, and a 3/4 inch breaker bar. (You need two sockets). I jacked the bumper up, and then found that I still cannot use the shaft to lower the tire, it is still not lining up.

Anyone else have some experience with this? I don't like the idea of crawling on the ground to turn the tube to lower the tire...

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
On my RCLB, the rear bumper seems to be kinda low. No big deal, except that the lame system for lowering the spare tire depends on the shaft going through that hole in the bumper by the licence tag, and hooking up with the tube under the bed.

So, I decided to loosen the bumper bolts, and jack it up. Using plenty of PB Blaster (some put on a few days ago) I was able to loosen the bolts that hold the bracket to the frame, and a whole bunch of other bumper fasteners too, for good measure. I used an 18mm 6 point socket, and a 3/4 inch breaker bar. (You need two sockets). I jacked the bumper up, and then found that I still cannot use the shaft to lower the tire, it is still not lining up.

Anyone else have some experience with this? I don't like the idea of crawling on the ground to turn the tube to lower the tire...

If you can manage to somehow drop your spare, then get up there and muscle the tube where you want it. The tube on mine isn't attached to the bumper, theres just a hole on the bumper for the tool to feed into the tube through. Yours might be different, but I'm pretty sure that tube can just be bent where it needs to go.