rear abs is disabled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

denis1

Reaction score
When I bought my 94 suburban 1500 2wd a while back I didn't notice the rear abs was disabled (all 5 lines are disconnected from the module, red and black plug is unplugged as well). ABS light comes on as soon as I connect the plug and I get the abs code (54). I'm not sure about the exact model of a module I have, but it does say "Kelsey Hayes made in USA" on the module itself. Is it even worth trying to find a good rebuilder to get it back to life or should I leave everything the way it is? Any help is appreciated!

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FIVE brake tubes?

That's not "rear" ABS. That's a three-channel, LF, RF, Rear ABS. Probably an EBC4 module.

No one I know of is rebuilding them. But who knows? Maybe all it needs is a proper bleeding with a scan tool. If it was me, I'd be all over the the thing with a scan tool--looking for "codes", but also verifying the speed sensors and such.

Don't disable it without retaining some kind of combination valve.

Attachments

• 1990s_GM_Light_Truck_Kelsey_Hayes_ABS_Brake_Bleeding_Procedure_Ref_Cards.pdf
    130.2 KB · Views: 1