RCX Suspension Lift Install Underway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HorneDawgZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We have worked on this from about 7pm to 10pm Tuesday and Wednesday night. The torsion bars and cross member is out. The driver and passenger side is fully pulled out.

You must be registered for see images attach

So the 3rd Night I want the front diff dropped and and all cutting and grinding done. Then I will prolly atleast bolt the new brackets and pieces into place.

HorneDawgZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We stopped at unbolting the front diff last night though because we started trying to get wrenches on that thing and were having trouble, and then we realized we were tired. Any pointers on how you guys unbolted the front diff so maybe we can hit the ground running tonight. Thanks

highspeed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Half the problem is that ugly ass Michigan floor mat! ;-)

What exactly do you mean by unbolting the front diff? Are you talking about the diff bracket? or the U-joint?

I have a air compressor and impact and a vast assortment of ujoint impact sockets and have never had an issue undoing a diff bracket. Are you doing it with regular hand tools?

HorneDawgZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Half the problem is that ugly ass Michigan floor mat! ;-)

What exactly do you mean by unbolting the front diff? Are you talking about the diff bracket? or the U-joint?

I have a air compressor and impact and a vast assortment of ujoint impact sockets and have never had an issue undoing a diff bracket. Are you doing it with regular hand tools?

Lol floor mat is a floor mat but there is a reason that one is in the garage. I would have an Arkansas one out there but I wouldn't want you to get jealous since we always beat yalls ass lmao that day will never come.

I didn't have a box end wrench the night before. I got a box end wrench and slid under there with the Impact and dropped the diif no problem.

Now its about time to cut my exhaust what do you guys do to get your exhaust hooked back up take it to a shop? If so how much was it thanks

BadBowtie 98

BOWTIE TILL I DIE
Reaction score
Yay they have to bend a custom pipe. Mine was about $100 at the muffler shop, but I know some guys have gotten it cheaper than that

Sent from my The Mud Hole I'm Stuck In

HorneDawgZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Thursday Night Progress. The front diff was dropped and grinded. We cut off the bump stops on drive and passenger side 1 blade each. Cut Off the Diff driver side bracket piece. Installed the new cross member and got the front diff bolted back up. The diff was a really really tight fit in the rear cross member. Got the holes drilled for my upper a arms and got them bolted down.

Tonight I really need to cut up deer meat and get it in the freezer so I wont get much done. This lift kit was be finished by then end of Saturday though. I had to Rent the Pitman arm puller to get the pitman arms loose.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Looking good. the worst part for me was getting the diff back up and lined up perfectly. I ended up taking the crossmember back out and attaching it seperately and using all my strength i lifted it back up into there. They say its a one man job, but it wouldve been a lot easier with 2 or 3. i managed to start friday morning and finish sunday night. took me about 40 hours. Dont forget to make sure your front crossmember is facing the right way! i forgot, mine is still backwards. so i cant put my skid plates on or my steering guide :chicken:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't have to cut the exhaust, just leave the front drive shaft out until you can get to an exhaust shop. It won't hurt anything, I left mine out for a little over a month. It cost me like $56 to have mine modded around the drive shaft...

HorneDawgZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking good. the worst part for me was getting the diff back up and lined up perfectly. I ended up taking the crossmember back out and attaching it seperately and using all my strength i lifted it back up into there. They say its a one man job, but it wouldve been a lot easier with 2 or 3. i managed to start friday morning and finish sunday night. took me about 40 hours. Dont forget to make sure your front crossmember is facing the right way! i forgot, mine is still backwards. so i cant put my skid plates on or my steering guide :chicken:

Yah that's actually what we had to do. Took the rear cross member out and got the diff in it finally then jacked it up into the truck, and im impressed you managed to do that by yourself it was tough with 2 peopple

HorneDawgZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You don't have to cut the exhaust, just leave the front drive shaft out until you can get to an exhaust shop. It won't hurt anything, I left mine out for a little over a month. It cost me like $56 to have mine modded around the drive shaft...

Thank you so much I was about to get off work and saw that damn thing in half, I like your idea way more because im tight for cash right now.