RCX lift kit for The Duke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highperf4x4

Original Male
Reaction score
I guess I should be doing a thread on this install huh? Can I just start in the middle with a pic of the brake lines? Blame it on my ADD. I just took them in and had 6" longer hoses installed on my lines.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Am I seeing new hoses installed in old crimps in that pic?

:hmm:

highperf4x4

Original Male
Reaction score
It looks that way huh? They are discolored from being welded onto the metal line. Or brazed or whatever they do. It was done right. Pic just looks deceptive.

highperf4x4

Original Male
Reaction score
The new 9/16 bolts for the drop brackets wouldn't fit through the slots of the original mounts so I ran a 9/16 drill bit through the slots at an angle working it up and down to expand them just enough to get the bolts through. Took about 15 seconds.

Last edited:

highperf4x4

Original Male
Reaction score
As for those bump stop mounts I cut them on three sides with a grinder and cutting wheel and then chopped them across the top wherever I could. Once the majority of the bracket was gone I "undercut" the top back to where I wanted it from the bottom side with the grinder/cutting wheel. Easy work. About 10 minutes per side maybe.

highperf4x4

Original Male
Reaction score
I see the bottom of the bump stop bracket needs to cut out completely or the new drop bracket will hit it.

highperf4x4

Original Male
Reaction score
It really wasn't too bad. I might have spent an hour tops on all of it. But this isn't really a street truck anymore and it won't be going back to stock. The kit was like half the price of the BDS and I'm pretty impressed so far.