Raise your seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Davis

Reaction score
I have the 60/40 seat with the fold down armrest/console. I do not have power seats. My seat cushions are not worn out because it sits just like it did when they were new. Driver side feels just like the passenger side and the passenger side never gets sat on. BUT, the seats feel really low to the floor. My knees are above my hips with the seat slid all the way back! I'm only 5' 11", so it's not my manly stature causing this. Has anyone ever rigged a lift kit for your seat?? I'd like to get 2-3 inches higher. Head room is not a problem. I don't want to do something that is unsafe in a crash or anything, but I feel like I'm riding in a camaro or something. Is there a different riser for these seats or something? Any of you ever done a mod like this?

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I was going to do this to my seats, but I am going to swap my manual seats for power seats from my parts Suburban.

Here's what I was going to do first, I was going put washers where the seat is mounted to the cab and then try to see if it would work. If you're like me, I would put a couple more in the rear mounts so that I am back so far. :)

This is just what I was going to do, not sure if it is safe, but I was going to do it anyway. :D But like I said, I am just going to swap to a power seat instead, with the raising feature built-in.

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
i raised the seat on the 96. used 1" square tubing, welded 2 pieces together, drilled holes to match mounts, bought longer bolts and screwed them in. not sure about safety but it worked. it was the 60/40 seats.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I'm also a little taller at around 6'3 lol
Then I can see why you would want it lower lol. I guess what you could do, is cut the metal in between the rails and the mounting point and then weld it back together. :banana-mario:

Jeff Davis

Reaction score
i raised the seat on the 96. used 1" square tubing, welded 2 pieces together, drilled holes to match mounts, bought longer bolts and screwed them in. not sure about safety but it worked. it was the 60/40 seats.

Put the tubing between the mount and the seat or between the mount and the floor?