Radio antenna end cut off, what to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I bought my most recent gmt400 it didn't have a radio, no big deal I can fix that. But the problem is for some dumb reason, the **** head previous owner cut the antenna end off that plugs into the radio. I want to be able to listen to the radio when I choose.

Is this a one piece cable that comes as an assembly with the fender antenna mast? Or can I replace the section that's under the dash. Where can I source the correct antenna cable?

Truck is a '90 k1500.

Also, has anyone installed 12" sub woofers in one of these trucks under the seats? Specifically a standard cab model with the '95 up split 40/60 seat?

Thank you very much for your input

Last edited:

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
junkyard is your best bet and the cable goes from the radio out the firewall and disconnects from the second cable that runs to the fender

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
junkyard is your best bet and the cable goes from the radio out the firewall and disconnects from the second cable that runs to the fender
Do the two cable sections dissconnect at the fender? Is there access to it from under the hood?

also 12's wont fit under the 60/40 seats best bet is a shallow mount 12 behind the passenger seat thats what I run sounds great http://www.crutchfield.com/S-o1mupq8cbQV/p_575P3S1X12/Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-P3S-1X12.html this is the one I have
I'm just talking about a single 12" sub in is own box under each seat, still no go? I don't think a box behind the seat will work that great for me, my truck is standard cab and I need my seat to be all the way back to the max. Thanks for the link.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes they disconnect at fender, and that box I posted allows the seat to be all the way back I have a reg cab myself and with the plastic jack box removed on pass side it fits perfect behind the seat and the seat is as far back as it goes,95 up 60/40 seats have almost no room under them especially the passenger side

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Ive spliced them back together before, you just need to solder and heat shring it the right way and it will be fine. But if you dont have the tools, grab a whole antenna cable from radio to fender. Gotta pull overflow tank and the little cover from pass. fender to get to it.

hiredgun8

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You could just pick up a "Motorola" plug and reinstall it onto the cable. Most electronic parts stores should have them.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
amp is behind drivers side of seat a piece of 3/4" plywood with 2 angle brackets attached to floor and plywood and the amp screwed to the plywood,or I just did a setup for a friend of mine and put his amp under drivers seat