Questions on a 305 to 350 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey was just looking for clarity on what all I need to gather to swap my 305 to a 350, my truck is a 95 ecsb 4x4 5 speed, my goal would be to get a whole engine from a 94 or a 95 and I'd like to open it up and work on it a bit

I know I will need a new clutch

I'm assuming I will need to have my computer updated

Will all the electrical connections be the same?

What minor mods can I do to the engine while I have it apart? To clean it up and maybe add a touch of power/replace worn out/tired parts

This truck is not a daily driver just a project for me to work on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Ok, Like I told you in the chat thread, I can't help you on electrical.

But thing's to help while it's apart, at a minimum, I would replace all the gaskets, seals, and the oil pump pickup.

You can easily add shorty header's while it's out and replace your O2 sensor also, these are just quick and easy thing's, without going full potato.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! What about valve springs, rocker arms and other mechanical parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you can get as wild as you want to with it lol. I'm slowly learning, that KISS are words to live by, and a running truck now, is better than a fully built one 18 years from now.

Just my .02 on the subject. Make it reliable first, mod it second.