question on 5.7 vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2tone95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well im going to be buying a vortec 5.7 pretty soon question is where coud i buy a stroker kit for that engine or if they even sell them also like where would the best site to order internals for it like cam,valves,pushroads,springs,aftermarket injector,headers all the bolt ons and internals for it.... like jegs.com or what other sites thanks in advanced

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you are looking to build a performance motor you can not do it with the fuel injection system you have. You either need to totally upgrade to a LS style engine like a 5.3, 6.0 or LS1 or you need to switch to multi injectors on your vortec engine. The parts you need will not come from one source. The most important things to determine first are 1. BUDGET 2. POWER GOALS. You get the most bang for your buck with a straight up LS swap.

2tone95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive seen a couple from a local forum running low 12s on n20 with the vortec 5.7 and well a 5.3 o 6.0 swap i would like but i believe its like 3 or 4k for the whole swap thats more than what i bought the truck for lol

97sierra5.0

Reaction score
If you are looking to build a performance motor you can not do it with the fuel injection system you have. You either need to totally upgrade to a LS style engine like a 5.3, 6.0 or LS1 or you need to switch to multi injectors on your vortec engine. The parts you need will not come from one source. The most important things to determine first are 1. BUDGET 2. POWER GOALS. You get the most bang for your buck with a straight up LS swap.

This man speaks the truth. In my opinion, LS based engines are the easiest to make power with little modification. It will take extra work to convert though.

A couple site that come to mind are:
summitracing.com
enginekits.com
sdpc2000.com

2tone95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ya i do want an ls engine like a 5.3 but if im going to spend like 3k to 4k i rather give that money to buy a 99 up silverado

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
a friend of mine is running a LS1 with 600hp at the flywheel with cam, tune and headers. This is on a boat but he only has about 4000 in the motor, well worth it :imo: compared to building a 5.7 with a base price of 2600

97sierra5.0

Reaction score
How much power are you looking to get? That will be a big factor when figuring costs. The factory injection system is good for about 350-400 hp. You can easily get that out of a 383 with a few extra goodies. With the vortec roller engine, you will be dropping plenty of cash replacing and upgrading valvetrain and rotating assembly parts.

A $2400 list of goodies for my 350 project. Im hoping to get about 320+ hp and 380+tq.

Vortec 350. runs but needs rebuilt $300
Re-ring kit(no pistons,rods, or crank) $300
cam,lifters,springs,retainers,etc. $700
Marine intake manifold and tune $750
headers,exhaust,etc. $350

It adds up quick.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what do you have now? and why do you want a 383? im happy with my motor. i just want more cam. i would pick up a nice 350 vortec and do a cam in it with all the bolt on parts. that should move your truck pretty good. mine is lifted and damn near stock and i can easily spin my 33s in second gear with a locker. plus im getting pretty good fuel milage when i stay off the throttle. like these guys said, figure out your budget ( and be honest with yourself ) get your goals down, what are you going to do with it, how much power do you want, do you still want it to be a DD, and do you want to run pump gas. anything can be fast...its all about how much money you want to spend.

2tone95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have a t.b.i 350 and the vortec 350 im getting it for 500 bks and its complete with everything..its my dailydriver aswell