Question for Guys with DMax's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
What are you averaging with your fuel mileage? How is paying for diesel and getting (hopefully) better mileage in comparison to paying for gas in the OBS truck? When I have to get another truck, it's going to be diesel, so I would like some opinions of real owners.

97__Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dad has an 09' 2500hd on a 6in lift with 35's and he gets 15mpg flat with and Edge CT. Depending on how you drive it Pre-DPF DMax's get up to 20mpg.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
let just say, selling my 2002 dmax and getting into my 89 with the 4.3, best choice i ever made, up here diesel is alot more then gas, so any amount you save in mileage is overdone by the price of diesel, plus maintence and all that good stuff, not to mention i am now debt free.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im getting 21 or so on highway and upper teens around town, lil less if i let it warm up alot

but i was getting 11mpg highway and single digit mileage in town with my obs

and unleaded is 3.30ish here and diesel is 3.62, so for $0.30 more i get 2x the milage

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone. I don't know what I would do, gas here is usually in the $3.00-$3.05 range, and diesel is stuck at $3.55 a gallon, but I don't really have to worry about it since I won't be leaving my OBS for a long time. haha. Just wanted to know what everyone was getting.

jcloud

BaLlIn On A BuDgEt
Reaction score
Squeaky you still only got 9-11 mpg with 4.56 gears in the obs? I get better than that with 35s and stock 3.42 gears...

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ya for some reason i still never got good milage, not sure if there was something else that was holding it back or what, more of the single digits were around town though, last summer i got a few more mpg out of it but not much