Project Ted, a 1993 RCSB 496 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
All set to sandblast and paint the axle, springs, control arms, and some other small misc parts on Saturday!

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I broke down and ordered a Detroit Truetrac unit for the 14 bolt, I was tossing it up in my head, and finally decided to spend the money for it. I have one in my 01, and love it, rides smooth around corners, but has posi when torque is appied. Right now the 14 bolt has a stock Gov-Loc, and considering I grenaded one in my 01, 10 bolt, and from other people's experience, even though its slightly beefier than a 10 bolt, I don't want to chance blowing it apart with my +500hp/+600 lb/ft torque. I was thinking about possibly just getting an open carrier and welding the gears, but I did that on my 95 Sidekick over the winter, and it made it quite uncomfortable and annoying to turn, and my guess is that i'll break something on it before summer's end, so in the end, even though they're pricey, I think it will be peace of mind while doing hard launches and smoky burnouts!

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I finished my brake pedal mod today. I am swapping to hydroboost, so I needed to either get a new pedal, or modify the one I already have. The local yard had two automatics, one of them being the truck I removed the booster from, but I figured i'd just measure the distance from the pivot point to where the joint is and change mine so I wouldn't have to cut it to match the manual pedal. I'll tell ya what, it was more difficult than I expected! First I ground the back side off where it is crushed into place from the factory so that I could punch it out. Hit it a few times, didn't budge. Used a torch and got it hot, still didn't budge. Got it glowing red hot, still didn't budge! I ended up taking it to work today and got out the air hammer and it popped out after about 10 seconds. What a pain! I drilled a new hole in the correct position and popped it in. When I got home, I welded it in place. One more thing off the checklist!
You must be registered for see images attach

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Got all of the sandblasting done today after work! Even though it rained a little, I worked around it, and used every grain of sand I had to get it done. I mainly wanted to knock all of the rust off just so the paint would be smoother, most of the stuff I blasted won't even be seen. I'll get to painting tomorrow since I can do that inside regardless of the weather

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Got the painting done today! Didn't get a pic of the diff painted, only primer. Glad I haven't scrapped the old porch swing yet!

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I know right, it would have gone with the last load but I didn't feel like cutting it up at the time.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Parts are looking good! And We have a section of my son's old swing set we use for hanging and painting too.