Project Red Sled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
So the project begins like this...

My friend Cody brought his 99 NBS in for an oil change like he usually does to the dealership I work for. Lifted it up in the same old spots I usually do, well we were inspected the new U joints I put in and the rear brakes, when all the sudden... SNAP the frame breaks right in half right after T bar cross member on both sides. Well of course there was really nothing anyone could do, he took it pretty well for the most part. I ended up buying the truck for $900 bucks with the addition of a NICE set of OEM silverado 20" wheels codys dad traded me for the 16s he had on there when it broke. Oh well I guess :lol: Ill take them!

Anyways, so far I've debadged, de-bug guarded, de molded and removed the box. Getting ready for the new frame. thursday night im pulling cab.

You must be registered for see images attach

more to come thursday!

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Been cracked for a while by the looks of that break line...

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
That's crazy. I've seen obs and oobs trucks do that but not the new ones. It looks like if you just looked at the frame from the outside like any quick look over you would probably miss or it, or in this case did. Good no one was under it when it busted, that could have easily ruined someone's holidays.

Sent from my HTC 8X using Tapatalk