project hoedown "tahoe limited"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

draginlow

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is my brother in-laws truck that i used alot to hull my trailer till i got my dually. i did a lot of the work and he helped to learn along the way in trade for me useing it all the time ha ha. i love this just as much as him and if he ever sells it it's mine:waytogo:

from the start we picked up this 00 tahoe with 250k on the clock. it was in pretty good shape but of course had some ugly aftermarket chrome rims. here she was the day we got it.

You must be registered for see images attach

he wanted to lower it and someday bag it. for how low we wanted to take it the floor, tubes, floor and gas tank were going to be in the way. so we just went ahead and did the rear to fit a tall 22" rim/tire cambo or a lowpro 24" this way when he wants to bag its just the rear link and we are done,

first we gutted the back, removed the rear a/c and deleted it. we ran parts off a pickup so the front a/c still worked as should.

installed a 8 piece 10" notch

looking at the stock tank there was just no way i was going to use it. so we got a tank out of a 2 door 2wd tahoe and raised it up for more room for when it lays out. i made the brackets and straps so it can be removed like a stock tank if need be.

after the tubs were made and fitted we pulled them out and painted the frame and extended all lines and wires

welded in the tubs and started the build the frame of the floor. along with keeping the rear seats in stock spot

tined it with 18 gauge

so then we ran into a problem i was trying to put off ha ha. now the gas tank was 3-4" higher the gas fiuller would not have enough fall to the tank. one way to fix this was raise the gas door. we wanted to keep the stock look

after that we finished up all the inside stuff and sprayed it with raptor bed liner

then in the front we used 2" spindles and 3" coils then raised the front tubes for now till be bag. here is it out of the shop

first time on the road

here was the first tow. was light but wanted to test it first ha ha

this was heading out to a show with my blazer

i know i know a dirty pic but you can see the grill we cut and fill in the fog light holes. cant deside if we cant to keep the full stock look or put a reg bumper on.

now for a little system work. i dont have many pics because i lost a bunch due to a phone problem but its a 4th order box tunned to 27hz. i will try and take some more here soon. the pic of the box is before we finished it to show the inside and port.

puppy was there to help

here is a dash i built but we did not use it in the tahoe. it got sold. it was just to big and out of place.

as of right now we have a grant roll pan and going to build a hidden hitch for the back then we are going to start the paint work this winter. think we are going to go back black

thanks for reading

draginlow

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got a few new pics. got the plan for the hide away hitch all planed out and getting ready to put the roll pan on. and got the system back in. its dirty in the pics but its not now lol

crappy pic. it was getting dark but sitting in the weeds

there is a bone stock tahoe limited in town and had to get a pic next to it ha ha

and the system is back in. its kinda a temp setup till be build the trim covers

draginlow

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they are a discounted rim. cant remember the name but they were chrome with some ugly teeth on them seen in the first pic. we removed them then sandblasted the chrome. filled int he holes and then painted. i really need to find new center caps because 2 are now missing. they are a thread on style and cant find any that fit.

SeveneveZ

Reaction score
hey man. love this thread and what you have done with her. any new updates on the limited?

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is some great fabrication work. I see it's an old thread and like SeveneveZ, any updates. I have a limited as well.

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk