Project; Burnt Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So last Novemember I picked up a 1992 C1500 5.7 liter regular cab, short bed. Beautiful truck. I knew she was solid inside and out so I gave the man his asking price. Brought her home and decided i couldn't leave well enough alone. First went the wheels. They hit the fenders every bump and the rubber was getting chewed up from the crappy job someone did of "rolling" the fenders. So i got some Riddler 695's in 20 inch sizes with 245/35/r20 Toyo Extendsa HP tires.

Next went the stereo. I put in a total of 3 different systems in this truck. The 1st was the Planet Audio Anarchy 12 in a ported truck box, on a Planet Audio Anarchy 1500 watt amp. Sounded okay. Not great. Had absolutely no force behind it and never got very loud.

Next i pulled that box and went with 2 Planet Audio Anarchy 12's in a sealed truck box. I liked it better because that box didn't cost me any clicks in the seat zone. Put a West Coast Customs 1500 on it and it was a little better but still had no force behind them.

Last system was the MTX Thunder Elite 1501D, on a NVX 1222 subwoofer in a prefab box between the seats. This is what i was looking for. Much better sounding and had more than plently of vibrations to get even the toughest old broad smiling. I also installed a Phoenix Gold Octane 800.4 for the 2 Autotek 6.5 3ways coax's and the Autotek 6x9 3 Way coax's. Those have yet to be installed.

Got rid of the crappy Grant steering wheel and installed a Forever Sharp Flame wheel and a flamed rear view mirror.

I scoured the salvage yards for many many months to come up with the perfect replacements for the pristine 60/40 bench seat. They came out of a 1993 Blazer and looked like they had never been sat in.

You must be registered for see images attach

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I then decided i wanted to bag it. I got the Ekstensive 2 link rear and Thorbros bag cups. Went with Airbaggit Denominators in 2600 flavor up front and 2500 out back. Haters gonna hate i know. I have alot more pictures to go along with all this so bear with me. I did a pie cut to the front frame rail to make sure the truck wouldn't be in 4x4 mode when the air was out of the bags. I also notched for tie rods after rebuilding the entire front end with MOOG parts.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Made my own fuse relay panel to hide under passenger side of the bed. it run 1/0 gauge to just about everything on truck and goes into the bed where my battery is.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Painted my amp as close to color of truck as i could get with Dupli-color rattle can. Turned out okay. Viair compressors.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Battery Tray, Steering wheel, location of air pressure gauges, and nvx subwoofer

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The way the rear tubs were and then how they are now. I used jeep style trailer fenders.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From Grounded 4 Life One Day Slam. Took 3rd in my class. Not to shabby considering the quality of trucks there.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score