Project Blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scopor0

Reaction score
My new project- 1989 RCLB, Lowered, on air, 350 Auto. Little smashed haha. So got her home the other day after sitting on a trailer for a couple of weeks in a buddy’s storage yard.

You must be registered for see images attach

Got most of the damaged pieces off yesterday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you sticking with the Denali front end, or are you going to switch it back?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

scopor0

Reaction score
Gonna swap it to the 96-98 front end, probably GM with emblem delete. I’m also taking the sport mirrors off and going back to stock, at least until I find a set of the mirrors that came on the SS trucks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

scopor0

Reaction score
So forgot I had started a thread on this one. It’s been a while since I posted but I really didn’t do anything but wedge it into my tiny garage for the winter

But today I got her out of hibernation...

I’m gonna start off by saying I’m completely new to lowered/bagged vehicles, Always been something I’ve wanted and when this one came along I couldn’t resist. I have a feeling I’ll be on here a lot looking for advice. I’m not new to the gmt-400 but never done much more than regular maintenance and bolt on the odd accessory. So any help will be appreciated. Oh and she got a name...Lowla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

scopor0

Reaction score
First order of business is to empty all the crap the box has accumulated

*EDIT -Emptied the box, well mostly anyway. And I installed these...

Last edited:

scopor0

Reaction score
So winter is back today so wont get much done outside. Spent yesterday thoroughly cleaning the inside(no pics, was dark by the time i finished). It was covered in “blood”

The pics just show a taste of the mess, it was everywhere!
I guess I should explain the back story on this truck now. I work in TV/Film production and the movie I was working on bought this truck from a guy who had it sitting in his yard. The show was set in East L.A. and they used it for a car chase. In the chase the driver was “shot” and then crashed the truck into a parked car. We did it twice. So now show is over and they try to sell it with no luck and have now decided to send it to auction. I talk to the production manager and he says I can have it for a buck, well all I had in my pocket was a Twoonie. So I ended up paying double for it. I then loaded it up on a trailer and it went to my buddy’s yard for a couple weeks. As for the blood, it cleans pretty easy, its mostly corn syrup. Over the winter my wife let me strip her 99’ Tahoe (Tranny had calved) for the parts needed to put Lowla back together. So it will end up with a 96+ front clip, I also have the doors w/power mirrors, but need to figure the wiring out to make it all work. At least i have both the old/new door harness and the interior body harness from the Tahoe.

Last edited:

scopor0

Reaction score
.....so it’s been quite awhile since I’ve posted on this thread. Not much has been done in the last year and a bit, but once I dig it out of the back yard it’s going into the frame shop to fix the bent horn.