Progress and and a loss of progress.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevy8697

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never realized how f***ing big the front frame on these were until that accident. These things are tanks!

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Nice project! Looks good, sucks about the accident but gotta love when insurance does that.. a friend of mine totaled her 2008? Cobalt. They gave her a cheque for like $19k for the Cobalt SS version, she had only spend like 9k on the car, lol.
However, her insurance is through the roof now. Lol. I'd rather get in an accident and pay the damages out of pocket..

Not sure what its like for you guys, but your insurance costs go up by 75% after an accident here. (If your fault) They drop down to 65% after one year, then 50% after 2, then after 3 years its back down to 0% again. Something like that.

Are those fender flares bed lined?

Chevy8697

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea my insurance is gonna go up somewhat. I dont think it was that high of a percent. It still sucks though. As of now no the fender flares are not bedlined. Just flat black paint. After I get my lower body work done im bedlining from the trim strip down and the flares will be getting lined then too.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Yea my insurance is gonna go up somewhat. I dont think it was that high of a percent. It still sucks though. As of now no the fender flares are not bedlined. Just flat black paint. After I get my lower body work done im bedlining from the trim strip down and the flares will be getting lined then too.

Right on. That's what I'm doing right now as well.
The bed lined/rock gaurded flares look unreal. I'll have some pics up later.