Progress and and a loss of progress.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevy8697

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So i've been gone for quiet some time here. No sure who all remembers me. Anyways im to the point now where im content with my truck so i figured ill share my progress.
Sorry for the giant pics.
What i started out with.
You must be registered for see images attach

Stock high 340xxx miles.
2 months later i put a light bar on it.

My local junkyard that is pretty much all gmt400s gave me a call about a push bar for $20. I was desperate for something on the front of my truck. I didn't think i was gonna get exactly what I wanted. But, I did.

I was pretty much in a rut at this point having no time to do anything.
I took a trip to texas roadhouse for a meal. Well the day went from bad to worse.

I was going 55+ down a hill when a lowes truck pulled into a tight driveway. Well i found out how bad my brakes sucked that day.
Truck was on top of the BMW the whole way to the top of the back window. I drove home though Chevy 1-BMW 0.
My insurance company was kind enough to hand me a check for 3000 to fix $300 worth of damage to my vehicle. So i went spending happy.

Last but not least in my Accident i hadn't noticed that my Transcooler had the slightest hole in it. Long story short. 3 grand later fully built tranny now in my truck. Well i guess thats all i have right now for the exterior of my truck. Lemme know what you guys think!

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Very cool story. That bmw got F*CKED!!!! Its badas* to see the push bar helped out alont. I look forward to more! nice truck!

If you painted your push bar gun-metal gray or black i think it would look so sick :mario:

Chevy8697

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plans are to either hydro dip the push bar or paint it to match whatever color I rhinoline the bottom of my truck.

Last edited:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
not a big fan of the grille but everything else.... :waytogo:

Chevy8697

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after the accident I didnt wanna go back to stock I really would have liked a nice billet grill but I couldn't find any that I could settle on.. I have a few ideas to make the grill look a little better down the road. But thanks guys I really appreciate the positive feedback!

Chevy8697

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool story. That bmw got F*CKED!!!! Its badas* to see the push bar helped out alont. I look forward to more! nice truck!

If you painted your push bar gun-metal gray or black i think it would look so sick :mario:

When I put that pushbar on I didnt think it would do a whole lot being mounted to the bumper but after that accident I took those words back

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Them OBS just never get badly wrecked basically at all! Hit a BMW as well the other day, my truck got nothing but a little scratch on the side!