Probably the one place I can ask for help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

munchizgreat

Reaction score
I own a 98 Chevy 1500 Silverado 4x4, and basically I want to get some nicer LED aftermarket headlights because the oem beams are garbage to maintain and replace, plus they are getting expensive to buy another single unit. Within the generation of 90s chevys like mine, they come with this switch under the dash where if plugged in, the low beam setting for the stock headlights are the DRL, and it will always remain on unless unplugged. I want to get after market headlights like this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/293161885083 on eBay. The new headlights have the right 3 prong connection as well as separate connections for DRL and blinkers. The problem is, if I do no kind of wire tapping and keep the switch installed on my truck, the low beam on the new headlights will be the DRL and won’t be the dedicated DRL that’s on the new ones. I’m trying to figure out what wire do I tap into on the original OEM 3 prong harness so the switch turns on the dedicated DRL and lets me still switch between low and high beam like it is with the normal OEM headlights, and the DRLs turn off when the low beam turns on and vice versa. Any help would be greatly appreciated.