Price for replacing front end parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok I have a 2000 ccsb c2500..
Every part of my front end that is a grease fitting and Made.of rubber is v pretty much busted. Does above have a parts list and realistic price for all front end parts, and also a walk through on replacing them...I have changed and worked on alt of things buy can't say I've ever messed with a front end of a vehicle..walk through or any help appreciated...as soon as I replace parts I'll get an alignment ...just don't want to pay 1000$ for 4_6 hours of work I could realistically do..

Live action!!

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
A shop will charge about $1500 for a font end.
I don't know about 2wd but I did
inner tie rod ends
outer tie rod ends
upper ball joints
lower ball joints
Idler Arm
Pitman arm
Tie rod sleeves (2)
I did a lot of other things along with it while I had it apart like new wheel bearing hubs and CV's. I know you don't have CV's.

I used all moog and they perform well, but I did snap an upper ball joint last week but I feel it was my own fault for stressing it to much.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I always check Amazon and Rockauto for the best prices. Don't forget shipping. Stick with a brand like Moog for balljoints and and steering parts. The whole frontend is a lot of work. It may take you longer than that to do everything, depending on what you consider everything. I'm slow at it, and I've done it before.....of course I have a 4wd.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
A shop will charge about $1500 for a font end.
I don't know about 2wd but I did
inner tie rod ends
outer tie rod ends
upper ball joints
lower ball joints
Idler Arm
Pitman arm
Tie rod sleeves (2)
I did a lot of other things along with it while I had it apart like new wheel bearing hubs and CV's. I know you don't have CV's.

I used all moog and they perform well, but I did snap an upper ball joint last week but I feel it was my own fault for stressing it to much.

He may need bushings too......

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
yeah I put energy suspension bushing in my uppers and lowers it was a major pita to assemble those things. I don't think most people consider that a front end rebuild, but who knows....I did.

Leevon

Reaction score
I have my own professional shop, lifts, tools and commercial parts pricing and I would allow $500 for good parts and about 12 hours to do absolutely everything myself and do it right. I'm not as fast as the pros but they would still need a full day. Not trying to discourage you but it's one of those jobs that is both rewarding and a pain in the ass. Labor would be 8-10 hours by the book roughly, and when you're done you might wish you had paid somebody LOL. So if you do tear into it, plan to be down for a couple of days, unless you have some help. You can get a ball joint press from the parts store as a loaner, and there are a whole bunch of other tools that make the job quicker and easier...but you can get by with basic hand tools. Buy MOOG where possible, stay away from the cheap lines at all times on steering and suspension parts (O'Reilly's Masterpro etc.). Trust me you will be doing it again inside of a year.

Oh yeah, but Rockauto on parts. Youtube the individual processes like replacing ball joints or control arm bushings.

Last edited:

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I HAD to use a shop press from harbor freight to do the LCA and UCA bushings. I personally would never even waste my time messing with any other way.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Most places sell Uca/ ball joint assemblies together with bushings as a whole fairly cheap. It's an option.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I went rock auto on the whole front, Moog'd the hell out of it(i went a bit crazy though, i think it cost about $450.00. now I have about 15 zirk fittings up front,

I did;
2 Upper ball joints
2 Lower ball Joints
2 inner Tie rods
2 outer Tie rods
1 centerlink
1 pitman arm
1 idler arm
1 bracket pivot assembly
2 sway bar end links (Poly Urethane)
2 sway bar Bushings (Poly Urethane)

I already had Poly Urethane for the a-arm bushings, so I was good on That.

Also already did all that work, I dont wanna come back later for brakes..... New Rotors, new wheel bearings. (Timken Bearings are the ****) new wheel seal, new caliper guide pins and bolts, new pads.... and I think thats all you need for your truck to be handling and steering like new.