Power steering pump noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdubb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone ever had your power steering pump make a vibrating noise kinda sounds like cardboard in the fan?

cdubb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry for just getting back to this been out of town.... The whole aluminum bracket that holds ps pump,and alt. came a little loose just enough to let it move under torque..

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You might want to make sure your bracket behind the pump isn't broke. It happened to mine a month ago.

You must be registered for see images attach

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It all ended with the power steering pump shaft broken and was wobbly, inevitably knocking off the serp. belt. So like silverado13 said check see how solid your pulley shaft is.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
only reason i said that was because when i first got my truck i was trying to beat a light and hit an intersection at 90 miles an hour, well i hadnt known that the intersection was actully at an incline and acted like a ramp, long story short is i caught a couple feet of air, and when i landed i ended up snapping the shaft on the power steering pump and cracking my transmission

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
only reason i said that was because when i first got my truck i was trying to beat a light and hit an intersection at 90 miles an hour, well i hadnt known that the intersection was actully at an incline and acted like a ramp, long story short is i caught a couple feet of air, and when i landed i ended up snapping the shaft on the power steering pump and cracking my transmission

:wtf: that's weird how only those two random things broke from that.....