Post your lifted 2wd's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
So, you guys running just a 4" spindle and no trimming, what rims and tire size are you running? My 18x9 with 0mm offset and 275/65r18s rub when the truck is flexing slightly while turning. I've already trimmed the bumper more than I want and I want to put a new smoothly bumper on with out trimming. So, I'm looking for new rims and going to sell the old ones. I'm just wondering what offsets I should stay within to minimise rubbing or trimming...

It's either new rims or I'm toying with the idea of going back to stock. I've been missing having a squarebody truck and have thought about lowering it back down and selling it or (more than likely) giving it to my dad...

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
18x7 (don't know offset/backspcing) stock z71 wheels with 265/65/18 tires and I don't come close to rubbing anywhere. I do have to run a 1/4 spacer in the front and even with that, there's still barely any room between the tire and the spindle.
You must be registered for see images attach

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
18x7 (don't know offset/backspcing) stock z71 wheels with 265/65/18 tires and I don't come close to rubbing anywhere. I do have to run a 1/4 spacer in the front and even with that, there's still barely any room between the tire and the spindle.

any pictures of the clearances on the front? I have those same exact wheels, I wannna run them on my next 2wd obs, probably gonna be on 35's like my last one.

Last edited:

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
The stock offset on those factory 18's is like 31mm I think. I'm wondering if, just going to a 265/65r18 will help, hmmm. I think I'm going to sell these rims and tires, put the 235/85's back on and decide over the winter what to do...

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
any pictures of the clearances on the front? I have those same exact wheels, I wannna run them on my next 2wd obs, probably gonna be on 35's like my last one.
Yeah I can get some later. You might be able to fit 5 pieces of paper between the spindle and tire but there's no marks on the tire so I know they aren't rubbing at all. It's just close lol

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is my 1997. I feel like the tires look too small!?
Rough Country 4" spindle lift
31x10.50/15 BFG AT'S

Good looking truck. Welcome to the site.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Here is my 1997. I feel like the tires look too small!?
Rough Country 4" spindle lift
31x10.50/15 BFG AT'S

Good looking truck. Nah, the tires look about right, if you go up a size to 32s it looks like you'll have trimming to do.

Welcome also!