Post your lifted 2wd's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
I've followed this page for a long time now, and I'm ready to chime in. I've got a 95 c1500 with a 3" BL. Running 31x10.5x15 on vision warrior 375. I just ordered the 4" spindle lift as well as the entire front end rebuild minus control arm bushings. New brake rotors and new shocks all the way around. Wondering what would be a good tire size to run. Could I run a 35" AT? If I do I will definitely want to regear.
You must be registered for see images attach

I have 4" lift spindles with a 2" coil spacer and I can run 35's (though about 1/2 way worn) without much problem so with 4" spindles and 3" body I'd see no problem.

Also, I've had them on for over 6 months with stock 3.43 gears and it seems to run fine. I can go 60-80 on the highway comfortably without the truck struggling. I'd still not drive it like a race truck though. I do have a rear axle out of a 2000 GMT400 Denali that has 3.73 in it to swap over when I get my rims in so I'd be able to tell you the difference after I get it installed over the next couple weeks.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
I think it's time I posted just a little update on my Yukon. I got my tires in Saturday, they are 285/60r20 (33.6x11.22r20) Kanati Trail Hogs (Goodyear Duratrac look a likes). The reason I went with them and not the Duratrac's was because price. I got all 4 for $929 and that included shipping and to get the same size in Duratrac's was going to be at least $1,500.

Here's the Trail Hogs next to my Yukon. (You can also see my K2XX tow mirrors that I modified, I posted more info in the tow mirror thread)

Now to go along with the tires I ordered some 20x10 Anthem A731 Commander wheels, they should be here Wednesday. Now all I have to do is get to rebuilding the brakes on the Denali axle I have and then when I get the rims and tires all mounted and balanced I can throw the axle in and change to the 2500LD front rotors and put the wheels on.

I also ordered some Bushwacker OE type flares that should be coming in tomorrow. Couldn't resist the $100 off of what everybody else wanted for them so I ordered them sooner than I expected. They are new never opened, date code of March 25, 2003, from a closed automotive accessory place they were liquidating.

Last edited:
Reaction score
New to this forum, have a 98 Silverado planning on doing the 4" lift, recommendations on rims/tires that would beef it up a bit, wanna fill the wheel wells.

I'm not too savvy with how sizing for rims and tires work

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I think it's time I posted just a little update on my Yukon. I got my tires in Saturday, they are 285/60r20 (33.6x11.22r20) Kanati Trail Hogs (Goodyear Duratrac look a likes). The reason I went with them and not the Duratrac's was because price. I got all 4 for $929 and that included shipping and to get the same size in Duratrac's was going to be at least $1,500.

Here's the Trail Hogs next to my Yukon. (You can also see my K2XX tow mirrors that I modified, I posted more info in the tow mirror thread)

Now to go along with the tires I ordered some 20x10 Anthem A731 Commander wheels, they should be here Wednesday. Now all I have to do is get to rebuilding the brakes on the Denali axle I have and then when I get the rims and tires all mounted and balanced I can throw the axle in and change to the 2500LD front rotors and put the wheels on.

I also ordered some Bushwacker OE type flares that should be coming in tomorrow. Couldn't resist the $100 off of what everybody else wanted for them so I ordered them sooner than I expected. They are new never opened, date code of March 25, 2003, from a closed automotive accessory place they were liquidating.
Stock wheels fit without spacers or anything? And you are doing exactly what I want to do with mine. OE flares haha

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Stock wheels fit without spacers or anything? And you are doing exactly what I want to do with mine. OE flares haha

Do you mean do the stock wheels fit with the 4" lift spindles? Yes they do, they are close but I haven't had a problem since I installed the lift April of last year. I've heard that the steel wheels sometimes have problems.

Yeah, I've always liked the OE flares. Gives it a more HD look in my opinion, but to get the flares for the Tahoe/Yukon with 4 doors is so much more expensive than a truck, Suburban, or Tahoe/Yukon with 2 doors. The flares for the 4 doors trend at about $440-$700 vs $100-$420 for the truck, Suburban, or Tahoe/Yukon with 2 doors depending on what brand you want to get. So I was lucky I got mine for the 4 door for $325.

It's also harder to find the OEM 4 door flares at the junkyards because they are either on a wrecked vehicle or they have already been taken off so I pretty much gave up on trying to get ones from the junkyard.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Do you mean do the stock wheels fit with the 4" lift spindles? Yes they do, they are close but I haven't had a problem since I installed the lift April of last year. I've heard that the steel wheels sometimes have problems.

Yeah, I've always liked the OE flares. Gives it a more HD look in my opinion, but to get the flares for the Tahoe/Yukon with 4 doors is so much more expensive than a truck, Suburban, or Tahoe/Yukon with 2 doors. The flares for the 4 doors trend at about $440-$700 vs $100-$420 for the truck, Suburban, or Tahoe/Yukon with 2 doors depending on what brand you want to get. So I was lucky I got mine for the 4 door for $325.

It's also harder to find the OEM 4 door flares at the junkyards because they are either on a wrecked vehicle or they have already been taken off so I pretty much gave up on trying to get ones from the junkyard.
Yeah that's what I meant. Good to know, I've been thinking of going back to stocks for a while.

I passed on a set of them at the junkyard (already matched my truck's color) and I kick myself just about every day for that. Ebay has some oe looking flares for ~$100 that I may try

95chevybowtie

Reaction score
Welcome! You my friend, have made me want a body lift even more... thanks lol. I've got the 4" lift on mine and 32's

There's a blue truck that has a 4" spindle + 3" body + 3" coils on 35's.
I love the stance of your truck! What size block do you have? And I believe the blue truck has the fab tech 7.5 on it. I think I remember reading up on it. But come to think of it I don't think fab tech made that kit for RCSB... But I can't wait for this lift. I may throw 3/4 ton springs and a coil spacer with longer leafs in the back. ill install the lift and see how I like it.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
1.5". 2" is supposed to make it sit level but right now, it has about 1.5" of squat

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I forgot, the pic I posted, the back of the truck is jacked up so it sits about even or with a little rake. Here's how it actually sits with the 1.5" block

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Well, I got my Bushwacker OE flares in Saturday and I also got my rims in Wednesday and got them mounted and balanced yesterday after work. Then I went home and did the 6 lug conversion with the 2500LD rotors and then went down the street to my friends shop and put in the 1999 Denali rear axle with 3.73.

I still have to install the green overlay vinyls on the wheels but I might try to do that tonight.

Here's the Bushwacker box, and yes if you can read it, it says 3/25/03 on the ID tag for when they were made and nothing has changed since 2003 because the website still uses the same install sheet.

Here was the rims after I got the tires installed.

This is at my friend's shop after we got the axle installed.

And finally, here is a picture of it this morning with the wheels mounted. 20x10 Anthem A731 Commander wheels wrapped in 285/60/20 Kanati Trail Hog's.