Possible purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwilliams55555

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking at the tranny pan will give you best idea on what one it is, 16 bolts, rectangle like a cake pan, 700R4/4L60 type, has a cable that hooks to the TBI on top of engine, a 400/3L80 type 17 bolts on the pan, and looks like it was dropped on 2 golf balls indentation in the Pan, trying to upload pics of them

Last edited:

vince72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will look at this and gauges once I see the truck.
From our communication he does not want to move from the 3k

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Sometimes its best to walk away IMHO. Be respectful and when he calls you back in a month or two asking if your still interested, offer him $750 and let him negotiate you up to $1000.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would definitely pass for $3k. With almost 300k on the odo, a bad transmission(most likely a burnt 3-4 clutch pack) and a door that doesn't open it's definitely not worth more than $1000 or $1200 max in my opinion. You could easily find a much cheaper OBS that needs a transmission or something with a similar body condition(especially since you're in rust free CA).

Another budget option is just throwing a used transmission in instead of having it rebuilt. My 94 burned out the 3-4 clutch pack and wouldn't shift past 2nd, I threw in a $300 used transmission in just a few days with a new filter(was not hard and it was a 4x4 as well) and it shifts decently for a 140k mile transmission.

Either way I'd take a hard pass on this one.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I would take that truck as is for $1500, The door opening problem is not that big of a deal. The trany on the other hand is going to take some cash and time to sort out. It is a first year model so it has a 700r4 and they had problems from the get go,but is easily fixed with a reman or a yard pull out trans.