Popping from Front Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a K2500 with an old generation of pro comp lift. The front is cranked probably 2". The upper and lower ball joints on both arms were replaced 2 years ago by 4 wheel parts.

As I have been DDing this thing now, it has developed a popping under full lock, and hard braking. Today I noticed that when under full lock. The tie rod end is hitting the swaybar.

You must be registered for see images attach

Where should I start to diagnose this problem?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I've bought shorter end links for my lowered trucks, so you should be able to get some longer ones to go with the crank.
I'd say that your sway bar bushings are shot, too. Go urethane. $30.00?

Reaction score
I am going to buy some that are a couple of inches longer and then replace the bushings today. I honestly thing one of the ends of the tie rod is broken. Does anyone know how I test a tie rod end without removing it?

Reaction score
I moved the tie rod around and it felt strong, I couldn't get any movement out of it.

Upon further inspection I noticed this piece was missing a bolt. Do you guys know what this bolt looks like so I can go buy another one? There also appears to be another location for a bolt in the upper area of this picture, however, it looks unused.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Thanks. The bolt is 1/2" x 3 3/4" , 2 washers, and a nylon lock nut, grade 5.

As it turns out the alignment shop said the upper AND lower ball joints on the truck are done. I'm so excited to put new ones on.