Polish chrome bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They also make an aluminum stick (SMAW) welding rod, but it also does a nasty job. TIG is the way to go.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fun stuff - we should start a welding thread in the chat room or somewhere. Don't want to jump on this thread. One more question, have you heard of a "curve-o-mark"? It's used to mark pipe or structural steel for cutting with a soap stone attached to an arm.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, I used a curv-o-mark offshore from time to time. I did so much pipe offshore, I got to where I could do it by eye and it would be close enough to weld. Most of the oil rigs I worked on had 1 1/2 inch handrails. I used to do a lot of large projects. Now most of what I do is small projects. it is much more precise. A big project its hard to see something that is off by 1/2 inch. In the machine shop, 50,000 of an inch can be a lot.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cutting googles are mostly green. My $350 welding hood is blue.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here are a few offshore pics. And no that is not my $350 welding hood.
You must be registered for see images attach

Mildphil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fun stuff - we should start a welding thread in the chat room or somewhere. Don't want to jump on this thread. One more question, have you heard of a "curve-o-mark"? It's used to mark pipe or structural steel for cutting with a soap stone attached to an arm.
A welding thread would be cool, I'm sure there are other guys like me on the forum who could benefit from the wealth of knowledge you guys are putting down.

Ken K

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never heard of white diamond polish but could be good stuff based upon the photo. The plating shops will tell you to never use steel wool regardless of how fine it is. Actually, my favorite is a chrome polish sold by GM at the dealerships. I still have 3 half quart tin cans of this white liquid and works great. It has a penetrating oil in it that dries then polish off by hand. It is worth looking into it, but call first as they may not stock it in your area as chrome is not been to abundant on most vehicles lately. I will get the part number when I get back home. Don't let it freeze if it get cold where you are at, which is true with a lot of products in the garage we never think about.