Plastic dip question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
because stores dont usually have to many and they only have black. ;) if ya want special colors you have to order online. i got like 4 cans of black i bought afew months ago that i have yet to test out yet.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I got mine from home depot as well but its kinda hit or miss if they have it

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
my home depot had black, red, gunmetal and white :shrug:

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
Thanks guys I drive back and forth to Ca from Az all the time and see a lot of miles on the interstate and i didnt want to do something that was just going to chip off with ease. Also where are you guys getting it from?

Ace hardwear

CHIMPY

Reaction score
The Lowes by me had black, white, red, blue, and glossifier. I went to Ace the same day and they have the Glossifier and Smoke.

I would say that Plastidip is great for doing small things such as emblems and inside plastics as long as they arent the pieces that are going to have a lot of physical wear done to them. Plastidip is a latex based paint so it has a sort of elasticity to it, so after it completely dries it's fairly durable to direct contact but one wrong rub on an edge where the paint isnt wrapped around it, it'll start to peel off.

I plan on doing my dash in it but the door panel and surround plastic I will be spraying with automotive paint for durablity. In the end Plastidip is a temporary paint, or semi-permanent for accents and thing that will be left alone, most times, from wear and tear.

-END RANT- ;)