Piston Installation Tips and Tricks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm in Levittown, I rebuild 700's and 4L's. your welcome to stop by after I get home and I can do it for you. I have the tools and could show you a few tricks that may help with your build and have parts available if you may need something.
That's freakin awesome. I live in Bristol, the transmission is at my buddy's house currently, also in Bristol. Let me have a chat with him and see when he's gonna be around. I might just take you up on that!

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, I was able to get the new pistons installed no problem, bought some "high end" hyper blue pistons that seem pretty nice. But in putting everything together we found an snap ring that may or may not be from this transmission, it could just be a random part in my buddy's shed. I'm hoping someone can help since I can't find anywhere in the manuals that mentions it or a place to put it. Help?
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is a snap ring for one of the clutch packs. If you have them all installed then it's an extra.
It's too small for the clutch packs and all of them are accounted for, I also have all the planetary snap rings in. He rebuilds a lot of Honda transmissions, so we're hoping it's just one we accidentally added to the wrong parts bin. Thanks though!

John P

Reaction score
My apologies for not answering you. I didn't get any notifications, just browsing thru and seen this now. your welcome to text me on my cell if you have any questions or need any help. John 302-218-3648.