Pics of my EGR setup, please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright fellas well last year I went to puttin a new EGR on the truck (don't remember why) and so I put it on and when we plugged up all the vac lines it would want to stumble on it's face hard from a take off and when it got goin it would run fine...What we ended up figuring out is that if the line that comes off the valve was left open, it would run okay. I've been getting a code for a long while code 32 = egr failure...so, I'm trying to get this figured out because the truck sometimes at cruising speed will miss and bog badly and then catch and then stumble. Then I'll get back in the truck 30 minutes later and it will run fine for a bit. It does NOT only act up when the CEL is on jsyk. It will idle fine and everything sitting still but it's only at cruising speeds and I feel like I have to push more into the pedal to pull though all of the missing and stumbling...BTW this a 350 TBI. Take a look at these pics I'm holding the cut off line that we just leave open....You can also see another line that is plugged in next to the sensor that is also cut.....I'm hoping to the lord someones will see this and can show me how to hook it up correctly (as it might of just not been hooked up right) but anyway we were connecting the line I'm holding in the pic on where you see the other random cut line and it would fall on it's face. Let me know if that's not the right spot to plug it in or anything you can do to help! :uhoh2:
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well guys I got a tip from another member to take the line right under the red cap in the pics and insert it into the egr cable I'm holding, which I did and the truck runs like normal...Which is so weird because last year I could of sworn we tried every thing we could think of to connect that egr line and it would not run right connected so we had to leave it disconnected. Can anyone verify for me that that's the correct route to run the vac lines and that my egr is now correctly installed? If so, this is great. I'm going to monitor the truck's behavior over the next few days and see if the CEL appears or if it misses at all....and I'll report back. But please if anyone has any answers or thoughts, don't refrain! Thanks yall

Griffin

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it still gives you issues, you need to verify what orifice is in the EGR. Usually when you get a new EGR, it will come with a bag of orifices which look like washers. It is important you install the same one that was in the old EGR. Also, was there tons of carbon built up in the EGR passages in the intake? If so, that should be cleaned out best you can.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys but I do not remember this EGR coming with any orifices at all...I just put it on kind of thing, and last year we could not hook this line up for sheet, but now it's hooked up so either it's gotten blocked up somehow from being disconnected and just isn't working OR it's working. So far no CEL and no stumblin and missing.....

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If only your LEDs had worked so well! :crazy:
Haha just my luck

Darren, thanks alot for your time helping with this. SO far, since I have reconnected my EGR, there is NO CEL light, not a miss or shudder at cruising speed either...So far I've taken 2 or 3 around town trips and pulled the trailer today working so it hasn't gotten alot of time use but we'll see. I'm about to check out this thread you posted, maybe it well help because I know nothing about EGR really...Thanks alot!

Edit: Darren, is there any way to use the vac gauge tester and make sure my EGR is in working order? Can't I just hook it up to the EGR and pull vacuum for a while to see? I'm still very new to this and just throwing it out there as an idea to physically make sure it's a workin'! Thanks again for your time

Griffin

Last edited:

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes hook up a hand vac. gauge to it and pull vac. and see if it holds, if so it's good, if not it's junk. if it's on the truck with it running pull up on the inner part, should cause the idle to get worse if so it's working, if not it's junk.