Phone Mount (95+)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need a phone mount somewhere on my dash but don't know where to actually anchor it. I don't want to stick anything on my windshield, ideally somewhere between the gauges and radio.

Let's see what you guys have done.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Forgot to add I was thinking about placing the mount on one of the blank switch plates but I'm not sure it will hold up to the weight over time.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out ProClip. Not the cheapest option, but are no-drill and custom designed for make and model. Designed to attach to specific dash and trim our our trucks with no hardware.
Those are neat too! I wish they had better/more pictures though.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only downside is that the cupholder and the ProClip mounts will block the vents. I like the one that @Orpedcrow shared. Adhesive isn’t my first choice, but it looks nice. I might get one that sticks to the windshield and mount it to the left of the wheel.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The only downside is that the cupholder and the ProClip mounts will block the vents. I like the one that @Orpedcrow shared. Adhesive isn’t my first choice, but it looks nice. I might get one that sticks to the windshield and mount it to the left of the wheel.
Yup if you have to sit in the back seat, depending on that one vent to get any cool air back there when it's 100°+ out....you don't want that vent blocked! GM should have offered the upper vents for the crew cab back seat, like the dual air Burbs have.....

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup if you have to sit in the back seat, depending on that one vent to get any cool air back there when it's 100°+ out....you don't want that vent blocked! GM should have offered the upper vents for the crew cab back seat, like the dual air Burbs have.....
Very true. Thankfully the only thing in my backseat will be travel bags, tools, and audio equipment.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've always thought it would be cool to install a wireless charger in the flip-up top of the center console. I usually just lay my phone there, it's got a rubber-backed case that doesn't slide easily and fits the space pretty well. Not ideal to have to look that far down to see the screen, but if you have a Bluetooth capable radio you can get turn by turn GPS directions over audio. Just depends on what you're trying to accomplish I suppose.

IIRC someone here has mentioned doing this before but I can't recall who...