Peace Man

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This really caught my eye, equipped with a small block Chevy and a/c and a interior that was very well done through out. But the thing that hit me the most is I use to have one of these in the (Peace Man) days. Mine was equipped with a 6 banger and the a/c was both windows down and @ 55 mph. Mine was not intended to be a rat rod but it fit into that class very well.

Last edited:

95TXSilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a '65 back in the mid 70's like that. Straight 6, 3 on the tree, manual steering and no A/C in Arizona! I had customized the interior with dark wood paneling, cabinets, bed and Ice Box with a sun roof and back vent. It was a lot of fun but I remember there was a lot of heat coming out from around that engine compartment between the seats. This one looks well done. Good memories.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My folks bought on brand new in 65 but with full windows and three row seats. Called a Sportvan. Mom hated it and it was gone in a year.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Forward a few years and vans were a lot better.We had a ton of them around here in SoCal and of course the term ''surfer van'' came to be lol.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Forward a few years and vans were a lot better.We had a ton of them around here in SoCal and of course the term ''surfer van'' came to be lol.
Yes them and the old Econoline sitting over the front wheels was like riding on a slinky !
Never did any surfing, I am just glad mine could not talk =)

Macfluke

I didn't see a Possum!
Reaction score
"All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine."

Sent from my Commodore 64 using 300 Baud Modem.