Passenger rear window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

camoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 95 suburban. My passenger rear window only rolls down half way. First is this normal? And if so, is there a way to mod it so it rolls down all the way?
I Tried searching but couldn't come up with agoodshort description to narrow the field down.
Thank you all

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Suburban rear windows roll down all the way. Last time I had one that did the halfway thing, it was because the lock actuator bracket had popped its rivets and the window regulator "scissor" was hitting it on the way down. Easy fix once I removed the door panel and saw what was happening; couple pop rivets later and it was all good.

Richard

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Could I be at some point a previous owner put a Yukon/Tahoe motor in it? Do they stop sooner... ? Just a step in the dark here...

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The motor doesn't have a stop point. It reaches the end of the travel in the channel when the window hits the bottom or top. Trucks equipped with auto-down sense this in the switch assembly. The motor is just a motor.

Richard

camoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So gentlemen.
I removed the door panel today and the culprit was the rivets that hold the door lock solenoid on, broke and the solenoid was jamed on the track. Now i need to get a new solenoid and bolt the bracket back on.
Thanks guys.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If you bolt it, be sure to use nylon locking nuts. Or, this is a great time to go invest in a pop rivet gun.

Richard