Parking light bulbs and sockets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since I have been messing with my headlights lately I've noticed that one of my parking light bulbs doesn't always light up. It needs a tap on the lense to light up. I had the lights out and noticed that 3 out of the 4 bulbs are seized into the sockets. I try to turn them and the glass will turn in the base.

My obvious thought was to replace all 4 sockets but I am wondering how far up the harness I should go? 19 year old wires and all.

Suggestions? Thoughts?

skyrodder

Reaction score
I bought 4 turn signal connector with about a foot of wire on them with really clean sockets for $5 at the junkyard

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Sometimes the bulb filament breaks but don't burn off. A tap makes contact until you turn it off again.

Bit of corrosion in the socket will also cause it.

Then you're down to wiring or the socket itself issue.

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol better late than never. I am thinking it's the bulbs but I'm not sure. The bulbs have been in there a looong time. Like I said, the glass will turn but the bases are in there good.

I really need to go take a few electrical classes so I can just dick with this stuff on my own.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol better late than never. I am thinking it's the bulbs but I'm not sure. The bulbs have been in there a looong time. Like I said, the glass will turn but the bases are in there good.

I really need to go take a few electrical classes so I can just dick with this stuff on my own.

Just do like i did then.... Twist the glass till the little contact wires break then take a strong needle nose pliers and twist the base out. You have to push in and turn at the same time.