Parking Lamp Socket Gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So I have some questions for everyone about the parking light sockets. Specifically the circular foam rubber gasket that is glued to them, as pictured here.

You must be registered for see images attach

I was replacing the parking light bulbs in my Suburban today and unfortunately a couple of these gaskets fell off. The ones that didn't aren't far behind and have seen better days. The sockets themselves are fine however, and I'd really rather not replace them and splice into factory wiring if it's not necessary. The gaskets are my only issue.

Has anyone replaced just these gaskets successfully? I was thinking I could just make some new ones out of a piece of foam rubber and epoxy them in place but I was curious to see if anyone else has ever tried this and/or has recommendations for materials. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
So I have some questions for everyone about the parking light sockets. Specifically the circular foam rubber gasket that is glued to them, as pictured here.

I was replacing the parking light bulbs in my Suburban today and unfortunately a couple of these gaskets fell off. The ones that didn't aren't far behind and have seen better days. The sockets themselves are fine however, and I'd really rather not replace them and splice into factory wiring if it's not necessary. The gaskets are my only issue.

Has anyone replaced just these gaskets successfully? I was thinking I could just make some new ones out of a piece of foam rubber and epoxy them in place but I was curious to see if anyone else has ever tried this and/or has recommendations for materials. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.
If you could get some craft foam sheets at Hobby Lobby or another store in your area that has that, in the proper thickness, that would probably work....
You have to be careful cutting this stuff, need a sharp knife or scissors. I know I've seen the stuff in different thicknesses, like 1/8" or 1/16"(probably metric equivalents). There's also some of it that has adhesive on one side.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's also some of it that has adhesive on one side.

Hadn't thought of that, that would definitely simplify things. I'll check it out next time I'm at Hobby Lobby. There's a Micheal's right up the road too.

This stuff seems like it was pretty thick originally, I'd guess close to 1/4".

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Hadn't thought of that, that would definitely simplify things. I'll check it out next time I'm at Hobby Lobby. There's a Micheal's right up the road too.

This stuff seems like it was pretty thick originally, I'd guess close to 1/4".
If need be, you could probably get the adhesive backed kind and laminate it to get the proper thickness. I used to make a lot of stuff with this sheet foam, and it's really versatile.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Looks like Amazon has some options if I can't find anything locally. This should be pretty close to a lifetime supply for $15.

www.amazon.com/dp/B07W3XD26L
Shouldn't have to feed the Bezos, Michael's or hobby lobby should have what you need. I want to say I've even bought it at Walmart before, but not sure if they still have it. All the stores in my area have been recently remodeled and the crafts department is very streamlined compared to before, not near as many items in the selection on offer....

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The parking lamp connector is termed a "lamp socket C-2 base right angle".

Aptiv actually re-designed it, although the newer design (shown below) is difficult to source (and requires different terminals).

However, in the re-design of the connector, Aptiv also re-designed the seal. It's an EPDM seal. Don't worry — although the material may be (?) different, the dimensions are the same, so it will fit the old design and new design connector.

PN is 12129909. You can see it in the photo above as well as on p. 6.8 of the Aptiv Global Connection Systems Catalog.

Mouser has them in stock:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Aptiv-formerly-Delphi/12129909?qs=TcI%2BB/oBdJu3OA6AnTmKVA==

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The parking lamp connector is termed a "lamp socket C-2 base right angle".

Aptiv actually re-designed it, although the newer design (shown below) is difficult to source (and requires different terminals).

However, in the re-design of the connector, Aptiv also re-designed the seal. It's an EPDM seal. Don't worry — although the material may be (?) different, the dimensions are the same, so it will fit the old design and new design connector.

PN is 12129909. You can see it in the photo above as well as on p. 6.8 of the Aptiv Global Connection Systems Catalog.

Mouser has them in stock:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Aptiv-formerly-Delphi/12129909?qs=TcI%2BB/oBdJu3OA6AnTmKVA==

Not sure how I missed this until now, thank you! I'll definitely be ordering some of these.

EDIT - Just ordered 12 of them. Almost got 20 to get the quantity discount but I thought that might be a little excessive. :lol:

Last edited: