Paper clip trick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey I was wondering how this trick is supposed to work? I have a 1994 Sierra K1500, I tried to do it, but it just kept continually flashing 1-2, is that a code or a just it running the system check? it will flash that till I stop trying

Sent from the Sierra Club

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
You have no active or stored trouble codes.

Code 12 is no distributor reference pulse, which is because you don't have the engine running when you call for trouble codes.

12 is normal when calling for codes. If its not there then there's a cause for concern as something is wrong.

:)

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok cool, I want to reset my computer again and see what happens, I changed my coolant temperature sensor, made the truck run awesome when I test drove it, drove 3.5 hours no problem other than the odd stumble and now it's acting up likes it was before I put the new sensor (pretty much as I arrived), rough idle, tries to stall when In gear and stumbles a bit when driving

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What does a MAP sensor do for the truck? I know it doesn't have a MAF sensor my 2005 was having problems similar to this over a year ago but the sensor was done so I replaced it and problem solved, in the 94 does the IAC kinda do something like that?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Measures the Manifold Air Pressure.

The ecm uses the data to calculate the injection pulse from look up tables. It also uses other sensors (TPS, ect, and so on) to calculate and adjust.

The IAC (idle air control) is used primarily at idle to bypass enough air around the closed throttle plates to maintain a steady idle.

Once the throttle is opened, its essentially a non player.

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there a way I can check the IAC/clean it? Kinda worried about changing anything cuz I don't want to get stranded