Panhard bar with leaf springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of any of these I've been trying to find something like that for my 8" static drop on my 98 Sierra to prevent axle rap. I can't really find any thing like other then say a watts link but those that I have found have been for bagged usage only with a full bed notch. The other day I was looking for sway bars and come across a video where i seen a panhard mounted to the frame and lower u bolts, although I've spent 3 days searching around for something similar to no avail.
You must be registered for see images attach

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm glad you mentioned that, my only concern is running parallel under the leaf. Have you seen anyone with the same set up? I've heard some people that swear by them and others that couldn't stand them and took them back off almost immediately. Only people I've seen talk about them were 2/4s and stockers. Ride really isn't much of a problem for me I've been riding low riders as long as I've been driving..

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
im no lowered guy but on 4x4's and even my thirdgen camaro the panhard is used to keep the axle centered, not really sure why itd be necessary if your still running leafs. it wont prevent axle wrap though. for axle wrap youll need trac bars.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hotchkis used to make a panhard bar for these trucks. It was really designed to be used with their 2/4 kit consisting of 2" coils and 4" hangers as well as their front and rear swaybars. This complete setup was supposed to give a great handling upgrade, but how much the panhard actually contributed to it, who knows.

But in your case of trying to prevent axle wrap, it won't do you any good.

Reaction score
Jason, I'm kinda wondering if he's actually looking for a rear sway bar. Thinking it's called a panhard bar?..
And a Watts link from KP will fit, goes in between frame rails, and adds no height to axle. At least mine don't.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A pan hard bar, watts link or sway bar won't fix his wheel hop though. The first two are a waste of time/money on a leaf spring vehicle...

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nah, I actually just ordered a sway bar like 2 nights ago, waiting on delivery now. I don't see that helping me with this problem. I'm getting bad wheel hop on initial pulls it feels like my ass end starts bouncing. Everyone tells me it's axle rap. Working at a Chevy and Chrysler dealership I have to deal with the bar all the time on the back of the jeeps i know it keeps axle centered side to side, i was wondering if it would help any, I just seen the picture I linked at he top while I was looking around at belltech and hellwig sway bars and it made me curious I think I'll just stick it out and get caltracs after this sway bar comes in and I get my bigger c notch, only problem with the watts link nightmare is I just shaved the bed rail enough for pumpkin clearance I think I'd have to raise the bed floor or notch it more for the top bar from pumpkin to frame. It's funny you and bad both posted I was just checking out your build last night I like you and bads shaved back step. Y'all both got some nice trucks

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
put the truck in park and try rolling it back and forth if your pinion moves thats axle wrap, wheel hop is entirely different, i wheel hopped because the splines on my pinion yolk were bad as soon as i put a new rebuilt rear end in i didnt have that issue. a panhard keeps it centered yes but doesnt apply any pressure to keep it from traveling.