Painting Your GMC Logo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tailpipe51

Suburbanholic
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

got them painted along with a new grill that was also painted today

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I also did the tape method. Takes a little work and a bunch of cutting to get the pieces where you can lay them in between the chrome and red, but the results were excellent.

Richard

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Taped mine off as well...finished product is my avatar. Took 2.5 hrs total time.

I just taped mine off, but didn't go that far for masking.
Crappy before picture,

Crappy after picture.

Absolutely love how well the front end flows now, I had always thought the red badge on a darker colored truck just looked off.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I had always thought the red badge on a darker colored truck just looked off.
Depends. After painting mine black, I later changed it back to an original red emblem. Thought the reflective red looked much sharper on a black truck than a black emblem. Always a fan of a little bit of contrast in one way or another.

Richard

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good write up.

For my truck being a 93 it still looks good and my front grill came painted to match my fade paint job I bought another none chrome grill only because when I have my hood and roof painted I'm going to install the new grill and have it painted as well I do have some rock chips on it and where the painted came off it's chrome that's why I bought the same grill but with no chrome.