Painting Your GMC Logo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Good work Greg. I got lucky, my 88 came matched to the truck from the factory :lol:

On my 02, I painted it matte black. I didn't want to risk breaking the letters, I too taped mine off carefully and sanded it. I also did the tailgate emblem the same way.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I did mine the first time, I sanded the letters, and taped off the chrome. Second time I tried I broke the letters, however I didn't use the drill method, I used a heat gun and a utility knife. Next time I do it - I will be taping it off just for the security of not breaking letters.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
When I first did my bow tie, I took the grille off, removed the nuts holding the bow tie on, sanded it a LOT, wet sanded, de-greased, washed, dried, heated it up till it was really warm with kerosene heater, then primed, wet sanded, cleaned it again, painted it with about 8 coats of gloss black, then wet sanded with 2000 grit, then buffed it with meguiars compound. Did the same with my tail lights.

300King

Reaction score
That turned out really nice! I'm looking for a '94-'98 GMC grill to replace the flat style grill on my '93.

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
how the hell do you get the emblem off the grill? pry it off?!