Painted or polished billet pieces.

Painted, polished, or brushed billet?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
I have this billet interior kit for my truck I scooped up out of the junkyard a while back that's just scratched up pretty bad. I don't really have the patience to sit there and take all the steps to get em looking like new. I checked prices on getting them cleaned up professionally and that was gonna be like $800 :uhoh2:. What I am thinking is get em sand blasted to take out the scratches and maybe powdercoated gloss black. Another idea I had was to just sand em down real good for sort of a brushed look then clear coat em.

What do you guys think?

Billet in question.
You must be registered for see images attach

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
candy red powdercoat...../thread

honestly it would look good gloss black or silver imo

edit : gloss black the more I think about it .

Last edited:

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
My next question which I can guess the answer to this probably, is there an easy way to restore these things? Does anyone make a tool or attachment to work through the deeper scratches besides just hand sanding them? Yes I am a lazy ******* lol.

EDIT: If I had an all black interior the candy red would look pretty good JS lol.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
I polish ball and good polish on ruff spots you could try some neverdull but it could be some work with it....actually I think it may just be way to much work for a lazy guy to polish all that so Ill take it off your hands lol

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
with the right compound(s) those scratches will come out easily. The Eastwood Polishing kit ($29) has an assortment of buffs and compounds... those scratches will walk off with the "brown" compound. the "white" compound will deliver a mirror finish.

but if you don't want to put the time in, a brushed finish would look good.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
I polish ball and good polish on ruff spots you could try some neverdull but it could be some work with it....actually I think it may just be way to much work for a lazy guy to polish all that so Ill take it off your hands lol

I will get some better pictures of the scratches this afternoon, some of the pieces are pretty rough. I almost need some sort of sander with a fine sand paper on it.