P0740 code.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Sounds like me. Except my shoestring has knots in it.
All three of us have been out of work for months, Mom and brother from health issues. So if I wasn't doing swap meets and toy shows, we'd be ska rewed. Selling parts and brochures on here and GMSB has paid the rent and bought groceries and gas, and it's still barely enough.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All three of us have been out of work for months, Mom and brother from health issues. So if I wasn't doing swap meets and toy shows, we'd be ska rewed. Selling parts and brochures on here and GMSB has paid the rent and bought groceries and gas, and it's still barely enough.
Man I feel for you. We live on social security and barter.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Man I feel for you. We live on social security and barter.
Yes Mom is 77 so she really shouldn't be working anymore; we had been working for several companies doing merchandising in grocery stores. The company would get bought out, reduce hours, cut payroll and staff....wash rinse repeat. She's getting SSI but my brother hasn't worked enough quarters to get benefits, even disability benefits, yet. At least he's finally on the county healthcare program, so he is getting some help. I watch the grocery store sales and get fuel rewards points from Kroger, which helps a lot with gas prices what they are.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes Mom is 77 so she really shouldn't be working anymore; we had been working for several companies doing merchandising in grocery stores. The company would get bought out, reduce hours, cut payroll and staff....wash rinse repeat. She's getting SSI but my brother hasn't worked enough quarters to get benefits, even disability benefits, yet. At least he's finally on the county healthcare program, so he is getting some help. I watch the grocery store sales and get fuel rewards points from Kroger, which helps a lot with gas prices what they are.
Is your Dad buried under an iron plate in Montana? You remind me enormously of my wife's cousin.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Is your Dad buried under an iron plate in Montana? You remind me enormously of my wife's cousin.
No, he died in a house fire in late 2018, was cremated and his ashes are in an urn in my(was our) shop building. That was his favorite place to stay,so why not? His dad's family was from Virginia, and some of them moved to California. Probably most of them I knew are gone now, they were old the last time I saw them.
My great grandmother's family, Dad's mom's mom, was from Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and came to Wichita Falls, Texas, in the Flood of 1875, on a raft made from the roof and rafters of their house, built by the father and the boys while the mom and daughters gathered what possessions they could. Big French Catholic family, 9 kids. "Pop", my dad's great grandpa, was 5. His father died not long after they arrived in Texas, leaving his widow with the kids; one was younger than Pop. He had been a Confederate cavalry officer, because he could read and write. One of the ancestors on my Mom's family, maternal side, was a Confederate infantry officer in Missouri because he was literate.
They were both farmers with small farms, couldn't really afford slaves. The only one that's recorded, associated with either family, is on my mom's maternal side. The officer I mentioned, was wounded at Chickamauga, and rumors were he'd been killed. In actuality, he was wounded, but was found by a relative in the area near the battle and taken to their farm to recover. But his wife wouldn't believe he was dead,so she gathered up her infant and the black woman who was likely wet nurse, cook, etc. and headed to the battlefield. They went through many checkpoints where the Union troops were searching them and what they carried, stabbing bayonets through their possessions. I would imagine that after the war she was freed.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, he died in a house fire in late 2018, was cremated and his ashes are in an urn in my(was our) shop building. That was his favorite place to stay,so why not?
No, we're not related. But we could be. SWMBO's cousin's dad is buried on what was the family ranch where he grew up from birth to about school-age, and which the family owned until he was in High School "in town". Buried under a shade-tree, with a potbelly-stove door engraved with his name and vital statistics.

His urn was trotted to the site by his daughter (the cousin) on her horse. The ranch house was still standing at that time, although it may not be now.

The cousin worked--perhaps still does--doing in-store marketing. I've lost track of that part of the family.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: