P0740 code.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Update, success. It was the ingotion switch. Truck is back up and running like it should be again, and I also got the Corvette back up and running too. Fresh rear end rebuild, on the Vette.
Good to hear! Glad you had not actually fried the transmission, even though it was kinda acting that way.

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Shouldn’t hurt it. I drove my avalanche in limp a few miles home one time. Even pulling a big hill. It didn’t hurt it. Mine was a different code. But still a 4l60. Mine ended up being a shift solenoid. Have you got the chance to dig into this yet?

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update, success. It was the ingotion switch. Truck is back up and running like it should be again, and I also got the Corvette back up and running too. Fresh rear end rebuild, on the Vette.
I have replaced them before at the dealership I’m at for the same thing. Last time I diagnosed one the service writer told me I was full of crap. I told him I’d bet his next paycheck. He wouldnt shake on it lol. That’s why I sent you that bulletin. Sounded just like your concern. I’m Glad ignition switch fixed your truck.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I live in a small city. About 180,000 people, but the metro area is around 650,000, and Lafayette it the biggest area. Lots of small towns around here. Once I retire, I will have plenty to keep me busy. My wife has been writing that honey do list, for years,,, LOL. But really, I have a bunch of home improvements to do, and then, there is the 1979 Corvette to keep me busy, along with the 97 Silverado.
Honeys are great for lists! I enjoy the vibe here. We've 1 stop light in the whole county. Hers part of today's list, pick blueberries and make jam.

Attachments

• 20230722_152733.jpg
    20230722_152733.jpg
    407.3 KB · Views: 8

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Yup we start em out early in Texas lol
I was about that big when I started wanting to "help" Dad with our vehicles. He started showing me stuff and answering my questions, and all these years later I'm still playing with cars and trucks!(and sometimes fixing them too, this is how we keep two old trucks going on a shoestring).

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup we start em out early in Texas lol
I was about that big when I started wanting to "help" Dad with our vehicles. He started showing me stuff and answering my questions, and all these years later I'm still playing with cars and trucks!(and sometimes fixing them too, this is how we keep two old trucks going on a shoestring).
Sounds like me. Except my shoestring has knots in it.